OwnCloud is a software system that provides file hosting service in a generic term. Commonly used, Dropbox is free and open source software, unlike Google Drive. Users can install ownCloud into a dedicated server and use it at no cost and without any limit on the amount of storage or the number of connected clients (except for the hard drive).
Desktop clients are provided with desktop clients for computers running Windows, OS X or Linux so that their machines can synchronize their ownCloud servers and files. There are also mobile clients for iOS and Android devices.
How do I install Theme & Module?
- Through the WinSCP Program, connect to your server with your root user using the SCP protocol
- Log in to the /var/www/ html folder.
- Upload the Module or Template you want to upload into the relevant folder.
How can I manage the MySQL database?
- First run this command on the ssh screen so that phpMyAdmin access is opened to the outside
sed -i -e ‘s/#Require all granted/Require all granted/g’ /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf && service httpd restart
- Log in to http://ipadress/phpmyadmin
- Type in your username in root, in Password, your server in /var/www/html/mysqlDefaultPassword.
- Select ownCloud Databases on incoming page
- You can do the SQL operations that you want to do here.
- As a first step when you are connected to the server, run the “mysql_secure_installation” command and update your MySQL root password.
- Enter the current password in the /var/www/html/mysqlDefaultPassword file