phpBB is an internet forum (message board) package software written in PHP programming language. The abbreviation of the PHP Bulletin Board term is derived from the name “phpBB”. phpBB is a free and open source software that is published under the GNU General Public License.
Since its inception in 2000, phpBB ™ has been an open source forum software solution used by many web site owners. As it used to be, the current version of phpBB ™ 3.1 “Ascraeus” has a modern structure that adapts to the next generation of web technologies, an easy-to-use management panel and a user-friendly setup interface. For this reason you can have a forum software for your site by installing in minutes.
How do I install Theme & Module?
- Through the WinSCP Program, connect to your server with your root user using the SCP protocol
- Log in to the /var/www/ html folder.
- Upload the Module or Template you want to upload into the relevant folder.
How can I manage the MySQL database?
- First run this command on the ssh screen so that phpMyAdmin access is opened to the outside
sed -i -e ‘s/#Require all granted/Require all granted/g’ /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf && service httpd restart
- Log in to http://ipadress/phpmyadmin
- Type in your username in root, in Password, your server in /var/www/html/mysqlDefaultPassword.
- Select phpBB Databases on incoming page
- You can do the SQL operations that you want to do here.
- As a first step when you are connected to the server, run the “mysql_secure_installation” command and update your MySQL root password.
- Enter the current password in the /var/www/html/mysqlDefaultPassword file